Monday, April 6, 2020

Good afternoon all.  I hope this finds you well.  The first lesson was sent out this morning, and it sounds like everyone got it.  Mistakenly, the 5/6s also got the 7/8 lesson on top of their own - I apologize for the panic which may have happened at your house 😬!  As I said earlier, there will be some bumps in the road as we learn, and that was one! Not a big deal though - I told them they didn't have to do it,  so they should be ok.
  I would like to get your kids signed up to "Epic" online.  It is an absolute treasure trove of good ebooks - many of which are in our physical library at school.  There are novels, children's books and graphic novels available. By signing them up, you will give your kids access to these books on a device for FREE until June (It's either a 30 day free trial or $7.99 a month otherwise).  I can get this because I am a teacher and we get free access to it until June for our students.  If all students are signed up, it would also allow me to create lessons based on books that would not be accessable otherwise.
  Here is where I need your help though, parents.  In order to sign the kids up, I will need your email address.  I need to provide Epic with a parent email so they can send you a link that will allow you to install it on the kids' (or your) device. Epic will not allow me to sign them up, it has to be parents - however, following the links to set up is super easy. So if I could get you to send me a message on Remind with an email account that the link can be sent to, I can get that set up. Once set up, students and parents will have access to the full Epic library whenever they want.  If you have questions or concerns, I can address them with you in private on Remind.  Thanks!