Friday, March 27, 2020

Hello everyone - I hope you are all healthy and safe.  Please make sure you are washing your hands often!  The Springside School staff had an online meeting today where some information from the Division and Ministry of Education was shared.  I will try to keep you as informed as I can as information comes down to us; and I will do it here as I am very limited on how much I can write on Remind.  Please check here for updated information.  Here is what we know right now:

- No supplementary learning materials will be given until April 20.  This is to give the Ministry of Education, and us, time to come up with lessons and strategies that will work online.  Grade 7/8s do have their Group reading assignment, which they should still be completing at home a bit each day.

- When supplementary learning materials are assigned, they will be given via Google Classroom. I have sent the code to join "Mr. T's Grade 7/8 Class" on Remind.  Please try to join before April 20th so we are good to go when we finally can!

- We will be contacting families by phone next week to confirm if they will or will not be taking part in the supplemental learning, as it will be optional :(

- That's what I know for now.  Keep checking in as I will post updates as I get them.  In the meantime, please continue with the ELA Group reading and please feel free to use the websites on this blogsite, as I have personally approved them as educational and/or appropriate.  Please stay safe!

Mr. T